Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Birthdays - Traditions

Birthdays were never a huge deal at our house, and we rarely had an actual birthday party.  Instead, we celebrated with a family outing to our favorite restaurant and a birthday cake. 

Until it closed, I would always pick "Ponderosa" for my birthday dinners, because they had all-you-can-eat cocktail shrimp, and I think they even had a birthday special.  I was very sad when they closed this restaurant, and I've honestly never found anywhere else as a good replacement.

I generally got school clothes for my birthday, because my birthday is on September 28th.  My mom would take me shopping at ShopKo during the back-to-school sales and put the items I liked on layaway.  We'd take home a few for the start of school, but I'd get most of them a few weeks later for my birthday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment