Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Babysitter- Matt & Jason

When I was a kid, my dad was Young Men's president (or in the presidency) so my parents knew a lot of the young men.  Sometimes my parents would use them as babysitters.  Two I particularly remember were named Matt Cheney and Jason Cheeck.  I remember them really well because they used to spend a lot of time at our house.

My parents bought a big jar of fireballs (hard chandy with a firey cinnamon flavor) and Matt & Jason would always come over to eat them.  I also remember that they would sit in our banana chairs and invariably crush their fingers between the chair and the hardwood floor.

One particular time that Matt & Jason babysat, they used the word "funner," which at the time was not in the dictinoary.  Since my mom was a school teacher, I was taught to always use proper English.  Even though Matt & Jason were much older than I, I felt it was my duty to correct their grammar.  Of course the only result was that they would say "funner" on purpose to annoy me instead of because they didn't know any better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment